Mr. S

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Thing #17: Tagging and social bookmarking with Delicious

While exploring the objectives of the assignment I noticed that the utube video about Delicious was much more informative.  The discussion about the application is wonderful.  I would love to be able to use the site for interaction with other teacher teaching the Chemistry class.  Chemistry is so abstract that differentiation of material is a must.  If I were able to access material that was relevant to the topic of the day, then I would have avenues to teach to different styles of learners.  Tags can be a very useful tool in that I could generate a word or phrase that was perfectly exemplify the topic that I wanted to research.  Then ALL I would need to facilitate "mind discussion" with my peers is to get some on board, the Delicious website, that research the web all the time for useful worksheets, explanation of material or even sample test questions. A pyramid of information  with like minded educators could start flowing, with just one tag.
After signing up with the site. I found navigating the site was strenuous.  I wanted to develop a tag immediately to see what would pop up.  After about thirty minutes, I decided to approach the novel idea of sharing to a later time. 
With some thought and coaching I think that my students could learn how to research via Delicious in order to write research papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment