Mr. S

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Thing #18: Explore social networking

I have tried for the longest to stay away from the tweet.  I believe that it is a dying fad.  There will be something new tomorrow and tweets will no longer be mainstream.  Not to say that is not what I am, just mainstream stuff.  I just believe that better will come later and it will have to be learned.  So 
here is my profile.  come and follow if you want.  I probably will never be on it though.
I do believe that knowing the lingo of what the students converse is very important.  The relationship we have with the students is probably the only thing that they will remember.  We are not just pushing them to be ready for the next level, but also, pushing them to become model citizens.  We can do this by knowing our students and what they live with each day.
If I were a tweeter, I believe that through effective use of the technology, the students could collaborate on homework, class discussion, or just to institute a feeling of the importance of feeling that personal ideas is a safe way of inquiry which leads to ownership of the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment