Mr. S

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thing #1 Lifelong Learners

During the review of the 7 and 1/2 habits online tutorial, I found that my easiest life long learner habit is playing.  I could say that this may be my down fall as well, but as a choice it has to be my strongest.  During my first year of teaching, I stressed so much that I began having problems at the home.  I had to drop the stress from the classroom when I left the office.  I decided to spend time not thinking about work and enjoy my family.  When at school I started enjoying the life teaching of the kids and they in turn began opening up to me. I can relate to the kids in my classroom and they seem to feel very safe in my room.  I have to say that this all started when I began playing and enjoying my life more and leaving the classroom at school.

The hardest life long learner habit for me has to be is using resources for help.  My mother always said that I have to do things for myself and that I have to solve my problems by myself.  The early teachings in my life has led to the fact that I feel that I have to solve classroom issues by myself.  My first year as a transitional student was extremely hard and time consuming because I felt that I had to do things alone, i.e. lesson plans, labs, classroom management, etc..  I felt that by asking for help I was taking precious time from others and making the world about me.  This year I have started asking for help on certain things, but I still try to do things without any outside help.  Do not get me wrong, I have a great relationship with my peers, but they have learned about me that I like to keep to myself.

It is my goal to become a good teacher and I know that I have limitations, so I just reflect everyday and try improving somewhat, or at least know that I something I have to and will work on.  The tutorial showed that I am still proceeding down this path of life long learning.

During the process of setting up the avatar and using 2.0 tools I found that the process was relatively easy.  The instructions were not hard to follow and directed me to success.  I have never been much of a writer and this assignment has been put on hold for as long as I could.  It is not much procrastination, but more fear of writing.  I have learned that the more I do it the more comfortable I become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment