Mr. S

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thing #6 Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

I chose the Powtoon app to explore: Powtoon.  This app seemed exciting since I am always trying to find new and exciting ways to present materials.  I found that the site explained how to use the product via instructional tutorial segments and when making the slides I found that the tutorials were precise and accurate.  This application could be useful in that most of my regular chemistry students seem to be gamers and have created toons that they are proud of in various gaming situations.  It is one of the pedagogues that is not mainstream that education should lean toward creating and using games in the education setting.  I do not believe that this will be an effective way to learning, but this program does use cartoons as the method to present materials. Because most of my students are into gaming and developing their toons,  having some delivery device that looks like toons could be advantageous. 
I disliked the app as a whole due to being limited in what I could do with the toons themselves.  The slides seemed boxy and unsubstantial.  I was not able to make the characters move the way that I wanted them to do and this limited what I felt was the reason for exploring this app.  I wanted to present the material in a flowing manner that seemed like in real time.

No comments:

Post a Comment