Mr. S

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Thing #4: Why Commenting is Important

-explain why commenting helps create a sense of community and interaction.

I myself am the class clown type and when it comes to substance I have none.  When it comes to expressing something that is personal I tend to withdraw to my cave and exist as a recluse.  I feel the same when it comes to blogging and I have a hard time expressing my thoughts.  That being said, I see that blogging creates community because if someone is reading and commenting on your words they most likely have similar ideals as you do.  If they didn't they would not be "in" the part of the web that you are writing.  The interactions that are facilitated through posting and commenting to the posts make individuals feel connected and have purpose in this thing we call life.  The poster feels validated for their thoughts and the commenter in turn feels that they are not alone in their thoughts.
 
-discuss two other points from the readings about commenting that you found important.
   
The first point from reading the hyperlinks that I found to be comment worthy is the term "trolling" or lurking.  I find this to have a negative connotation, but it is something that should be considered as perfectly fine.  If one puts their words out there to be seen by everyone and is somewhat permanent, then why should someone feel it is a bad thing to have people to look at it.  Is this not the point of posting anyways? One should not feel that every looker must post.  I myself would be fine if no one ever posted to this blog.

The second point from the hyperlinks that I found noteworthy is that people feel very protective of their blog.  I can see that bloggers would feel that their blog as property, since it has been a lot of work to get this far in my own blog.  Seasoned bloggers would have spent countless hours refining and perfecting their sites.  So ownership of ideas on the web could lead to territorial battles from people that found their way to "your" area of the web, just to be instigators.  I myself dislike putting myself out there so, I would most likely just turn the cheek, if someone confronted me on my ideals.  Even in religion of which I have strong feelings, would allow someone else to voice their own opinions without counter attacking.

give the names of the seven blogs (5 from our group + 2 others of your choice) you selected to read and comment on and tell why you selected them.
My five blogs I have decided to comment on throughout the project are:
Morgan's 23 things- I chose this site because this blog had the most "things" done.  Look at my dates and one could understand that Morgan has the stuff I could only dream of -  "withitness" and the appearance of non-procrastination.
KHS Chemistry 23 things- I chose this site simply due to the fact that Courtney is someone that I have much respect for and would gladly learn anything that she could teach me.  If reading her blogs can do that I am happy to follow her blog.
J. Kyle Roberts' 23 things-  I chose Kyle's blog because as of tonight he has been the only one who has commented on my blog, of which I am not upset (having only two blogs done by March, 20).  And since he is a fellow procrastinator I feel a connection already.
Delma Vasquez's 23 things-I picked Mrs. Vasquez because the only language that I learned in high school was Latin.  My sister in law is a Spanish teacher at west creek and I hope that reading her blog might help in my relationship with her
Mr. M's 23 things - I chose Mr. M's blog simple for the fact that he sits next to me in class and already I can say that if we were in high school that we would have a hard time staying on task if together.  I look forward to learning more about him through his blogs.
The two non class blogs that I choose to follow and comment on are:
The science teacher doyle-scienceteach.blogspot-  I choose this because she seems to be passionate about teaching science and has the drive to post all things that are relevant to her which tends to be science in nature.
The science teacher- mrsharristeaches.com - I chose this site because she explained the hardship of teaching science in todays world of children and their need to just have the knowledge given and to have no inquiry based knowledge.

discuss the comments that you chose to make and why you made them
I commented on Morgan's 19th post because simple she was the furthest along out of everyone in class.  Her comments on believing the social media should be allowed in the classroom setting affirmed my same beliefs.  We have been beating this bush for a long time, it may be time to reevaluate the code at least for CMCSS
I commented on KHS Chemistry's 12th thing because I felt strongly with her feelings on technology in the classroom and how it may look in the future.
I commented on Mr. Robert's post #6 because I will use his source for my own blog for this #'d thing.
I commented on Mrs. Vasquez's thing # 7 due to my feelings that we as teachers need to be very cautious when posting anything personal.  We live in a CYA profession and learning this might be an educator's first lesson when entering the work force.
I commented on Mr. M's #8 thing because I agreed that too much inappropriate information is out there and that we must cover our own butt when choosing to post pictures onto the information highway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment