Mr. S

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thing #12 Google is Not Just for Searching Anymore


The first google tool that I used was the trends tool.  Twitter and the hash tag phenomenon has most students fascinated with trends and trending.  An educator could use this process to show the students relevance to what they are studying.  This tool is not really useful to my field and at the moment can not see a use in my classroom

Google trends tool

The next google tool that I explored was google scholar.  Now this tool can be immediately useful to me.  With a search of the key word "chemistry."  I was able to come up with a resource that was relevant to me.  (most of the resources were visible in full text, because I could look at them with APSU Felix) I was able to pull up many books and articles that were peer reviewed.  This would aid my advanced students when learning how to write scientific papers and where to get credible information.  I just wish that I knew about this when writing 12 page physical chemistry in undergrad.

Google Scholar tool

No comments:

Post a Comment