Mr. S

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thing #11 Finding good feeds


Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use?

The easiest method for adding feeds was by far just clicking on the rss symbol.  I find myself now looking at sites that I visit all of the time and looking for that icon.  Using a search engine for finding various news feeds that one would be interested in was rather painless.

Which was more confusing?
I would not say it is more difficult per say, but the highlighting and copying of address then pasting the URL to be a bit more time consuming.

What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels?

I am still exploring the vastness of this ability.  I added Time and AP sites, and I will add countless more.  I can get easily distracted so I have to be careful with this new found knowledge.

What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds?

After reading Courtney's blog on this thing #11, I used google blog search to look up chemistry tags and added the ACS site.  This website is useful to me in that I can quickly look up peer reviewed journal articles dealing with chemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment