Mr. S

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thing #2 Creating My Blog

What previous experiences do you have with blogs, reading or writing?
My previous experiences with any kind of blog, reading or writing are absolutely none.  I am not technology illiterate, just have always tried to stay away from things like peoples opinions.  I am a scientist by heart and have a knowledge base as “where is your evidence and how did you come up with that information.”  I have always felt that blogs and tweets and such are avenues for opines and not factual.

How did you decide on your posting name and the name of your blog?
I decided that I would post my name and the name of my blog would be also my name.  Like I have said before, I am not much of a writer or opinion speaker, so if I have to make an effort to do so, I may as well make it connected to my name.

What was your experience in creating the blog? Was it hard for you or easy? Why?
I have enjoyed learning how to make blog and avatar.  I found that making the avatar was easy using doppleme.com, but when it came to posting it to my blog it was a little more tenuous.  I tried a few times to insert the toon, but placed “the paste” in the wrong space.  I had to command tab several times to Dr. Wall blog to review the process in order to successfully accomplish the process.

How does your avatar reflect your personality? Did you create an avatar that looks like your real self or someone totally different? Why?
I picked the avatar by choosing what my kids would think the character, which I play when trying to teach certain concepts in chemistry, would look like.  Many times during lessons when attempting to teach about attraction of molecules/atoms in a chemical reaction to size of atoms, I portray myself as a habitual user of pot. I do this because its relevant to them and I get laughs, but I purposefully do this to stimulate a portion of the brain that may not be being used in order to try to get the concept across to them.

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow procrastinator, I had to comment on your blog to tell you that you aren't alone. While the 23 Things Blog is a very neat, informative, and educational exercise, it seems that it can quickly be "put on the back burner" in favor of other assignments which may seem more pressing. I'm only on Thing 4 now (which is a discussion on commenting), so I'm right there with ya! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete