Mr. S

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thing #10 Set up an RSS reader and Add feeds

What do I like about RSS and newsreaders?

Before this assignment I had no idea that one could funnel all the information that one views on a daily bases and place it in a news reader.  That is if the site that you are looking at most often has an icon for that site.  As the video said, be careful it can be addicting.  To be able to instantly know the news that you are most interested in real time, that's pretty incredible 

How do you think you might be able to use this technology in your school or personal life?/How can teachers use RSS or take advantage of this new technology?

In my personal life, I think that I could use this to stay in times with my hobbies.  On the educational front, the students could use this ability to increase their exposure to a problem that will be discussed outside of the classroom.  The blog will keep updating and you would grade on substantial posts.  This would keep the students entertained during off school hours.  For the school itself to use this, I could see that if students could get on board then announcements over the intercom would be a thing of the past.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment